The 2018 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship is about to get underway in Adelaide! The Freightliner Racing team have turned already turned heads pre-season with the amazing launch video and topping the times at the Supercars Test Day in Sydney.
Tim and the Freightliner Racing team arrive in Tim’s home-town today, ready and eager to get into the racing!
Below are all the on-track times this weekend, with coverage on FOX Sports and Channel Ten.
Friday 2nd March
9:45-10:25 – Practice One
11:50-12:30 – Practice Two
15:50-16:10 – Qualifying – Race One
Saturday 3rd March
9:50-10:10 – Practice Three
11:55-12:25 – Top Ten Shootout
15:20-17:20 – Race One – 250kms/78 Laps
Sunday 4th March
9:40-10:00 – Qualifying – Race Two
11:40-12:10 – Top Ten Shootout
15:20-17:20 – Race Two – 250kms/78 Laps
- Track Length – 2.6km // Direction – Anti-Clockwise // Fastest Speed – 255km/h // Average Speed – 150km/h
- Qualifying Lap Record – Shane Van Gisbergen – 1m19.2951s, Triple Eight Race Engineering, 2017
- Race Lap Record – 1m20.4210s – Scott McLaughlin – 1m20.4210s, DJR Team Penske, 2017
- Of the 40 Adelaide 500 Supercars races held, the Safety Car has appeared in 35 of them
- There will again be two Top Ten Shootouts in Adelaide. Last year was the first time in history there had been two shootouts in the one weekend.
- This is the 15th time the Adelaide event has opened a Supercars Championship season, and the 20th anniversary of the Adelaide event.
- There are 13 brand new chassis on the grid for the Adelaide 500 – exactly half the field! Tim’s is part of that group – he debuts BJR-011 here, the team have named this chassis ‘Shania’. Does that impress you much?
- This will be Tim’s 10th year competing at the Adelaide 500, and 3rd year with Freightliner Racing.
Sunday 4th March
13:05-13:35 – Supercars Autograph Session – Traction Zone Stage
LIKE US on Facebook ‘Freightliner Racing’
FOLLOW US on
Twitter: @freightlinerv8 / @_timslade_
Instagram @freightlinerracing / @_timslade_
Published: 27 February 2018.