For the first time in Australian Touring Car/Virgin Australia Supercars Championship history, teams will be racing for points at the Coates Hire Melbourne 400, as part of the massive Australian Grand Prix event.
Tim & the Freightliner Racing Commodore have arrived into Melbourne, with on track action getting underway as of Thursday. All sessions will be televised (check local guides for times) so be sure to tune in!
Thursday 22nd March
12:50-13:20 – Practice One
14:40-15:10 – Practice Two
16:20-16:30 – Qualifying – Race 3
16:40-16:50 – Qualifying – Race 4
Friday 23rd March
13:50-14:00 – Qualifying – Race 5
14:10-14:20 – Qualifying – Race 6
17:50-18:50 – Race 3 – 130kms/25 Laps
Saturday 24th March
12:40-13:10 – Race 4 – 70km/13 Laps
18:20-19:20 – Race 5 – 130km/25 Laps
Sunday 4th March
13:45-14:15 – Race 6 – 70km/13 Laps
- Track Length – 5.3km // Direction – Clockwise // Fastest Speed – 257km/h // Average Speed – 165km/h
- Qualifying Lap Record – 1m54.3972s – Fabian Coulthard, DJR Team Penske, 2017, Falcon FGX
- Race Lap Record – 1m55.9682s – Craig Lowndes, Triple Eight, 2011, Commodore VE II
- Tim qualified 3rd for two of last year’s races here, his best-ever Albert Park Supercars qualifying efforts, plus finished 3rd in last years’ Sunday race.
- Now that Supercars are racing for points for the first time ever at the Grand Prix, this means Albert Park becomes the 33rd different venue to host an official round of the ATCC/VASC
- 9 of the 26 current Supercar drivers have won a Supercars race at Albert Park
- Freightliner Racing/BJR has an ex-F1 Team Manager in Pete Vale, who spent time at McLaren, Williams and Manor during his career in Formula 1.
Friday 23rd March
11:15am-11:30am @ F1 Fan Zone Autograph Stage
LIKE US on Facebook ‘Freightliner Racing’
FOLLOW US on
Twitter: @freightlinerv8 / @_timslade_
Instagram @freightlinerracing / @_timslade_
Published: 19 March 2018.