Freightliner Racing head to their home circuit, Winton Motor Raceway, this weekend for Round 6 of the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship. This circuit is the site of Tim Slade’s first and second Supercars race win, when he dominated the 2016 Winton weekend with a pole position and two race wins.
All sessions will be LIVE on FOX Sports across the weekend, with highlights packages on Channel Ten/One HD. Check your local guides for times.
Friday 18th May
10:05-10:35 – Additional Drivers Practice
12:00-12:45 – Practice One
14:35-15:20 – Practice Two
Saturday 19th May
10:30-11:15 – Practice Three
12:40-12:55 – Qualifying
15:50-17:00 – Race 13 – 120kms/40 Laps
Sunday 20th May
10:25-10:45 – Qualifying
13:45-15:35 – Race 14 – 200kms/67 Laps
- Track Length – 3km // Direction – Clockwise // Fastest Speed – 225km/h // Average Speed – 135km/h
- Qualifying Lap Record – 1m18.7603s, Chaz Mostert, Rod Nash Racing. 2016, Ford Falcon FG X
- Race Lap Record – 1m19.7092s, Fabian Coulthard, DJR Team Penske, 2016, Ford Falcon FG X
- Everyone remembers Tim’s dominance here in 2016, winning both weekend races, but he had visited the podium at Winton before, finishing 3rd in 2014.
- Winton was the site of the only race in ATCC/VASC history which did not have a Holden in the field. This occurred in the first round the circuit hosted in 1985.
- Tim led 66 of the 107 race laps conducted at Winton 2016
- Of the 48 VASC races held at Winton on the current circuit In the Supercars era (1997-2016) the Safety car has appeared in 27 of them - 56.25%
- Tim also completed in Super2 here in 2007 and 2008
Thursday 18th May
17:30-18:30 – Supercars Autograph Session, Corporate Centre, Winton Motor Raceway
Saturday 20th May
13:45-14:00 – Autograph Session @ Merchandise Alley
Published: 15 May 2018.