Tim Slade and the Freightliner Racing team return to Winton Motor Raceway this weekend, the venue where Tim took out his first ever Supercar race win with the team in 2016. It was a dominating weekend for the Freightliner Racing team, with Tim winning both races and claiming a pole position along the way.
With a test day completed last week, the team head to their home track as prepared as can be and are eager to get back on the podium this weekend.
Ash Walsh will jump behind the wheel of the Freightliner Racing Commodore again this weekend, as co-drivers have a dedicated practice session on Saturday morning. Walsh scored a Super2 round win at the last Supercar event in Perth.
The Super3 Series will be on track this weekend as one of the highly-anticipated support categories, with Madeline Stewart in the Freightliner Racing VEII Commodore and Josh Fife in the Natural Gas & Water VEII Commodore representing the Brad Jones Racing team. This is their second round for the season, and with a couple of test days under their belt at the Victorian circuit, we are excited to see what the rising stars can achieve.
Below are the on-track times for Tim Slade in the Freightliner Racing Supercar at the Winton SuperSprint and your local TV times can be found here - https://www.supercars.com/tv-schedule/
Saturday 25th May
9:20-9:50 – Additional Drivers Session
10:40-11:20 – Practice One
13:10-13:20 – Qualifying Part One
13:25-13:35 – Qualifying Part Two
13:40-13:50 – Qualifying Part Three
15:50-16:50 – Race Thirteen (120kms / 40 Laps)
Sunday 26th May
9:20-9:50 – Practice Two
11:10-11:20 – Qualifying Part One
11:25-11:35 – Qualifying Part Two
11:40-11:50 – Qualifying Part Three
13:45-15:25 – Race Fourteen (200kms / 67 Laps)
- Qualifying Lap Record – 1m18.7603s Chaz Mostert, Prodrive Racing Australia, 2016, Ford Falcon FG X
- Race Lap Record – 1m19.7092s Fabian Coulthard, DJR Team Penske, 2016, Ford Falcon FG X
- No driver has won more than 5 ATCC/VASC races at Winton
- Five different drivers have won the last five races at Winton – Slade, McLaughlin, van Gisbergen, Kelly and Coulthard
- Only nine of the sixty-four races held at Winton have had every car that started the race classified as a finisher
- The last 17 races in a row at Winton have been won by cars starting on the front two rows of the grid. 5 have been won from pole position, 4 from 2nd, 3 from 3rd and 5 from 4th place.
Friday 24th May
18:15-19:15 @ Supercars Autograph Session, Winton Corporate Building
Saturday 25th May
12:20-12:30 @ Merchandise Alley
Published: 22 May 2019.